Telephone: 01865 812160
Venue Email: [email protected]
Contact: Jonathan Lloyd
Email: [email protected]
Pegasus is a theatre with young people at its heart. In everything it does, Pegasus considers how to attract, engage and spark the imaginations of young people. This includes families with young children, schools, teenagers and students.
Pegasus is a meeting place between generations, cultures, artists and participants, a place of creative exchange and community. Beyond the venue, Pegasus is an organisation with a strong, positive identity, good working relationships with a range of partners and an excellent track record of artistic, youth and community development.
In over its 50 year history Pegasus has:
- Produced and programmed diverse and inspiring performances
- Pioneered the field of participatory arts
- Played a special role in supporting new and emerging artists
- Provided training, education and career paths
Pegasus’ venue underwent a £7.4m revamp and re-opened to the public in 2010.
The new structure has been built around the original auditorium space with the idea of preserving part of Pegasus’ essence and history. Facilities include:
- theatre, fully equipped for different types of performances, rehearsals, presentations and training;
- foyer and café bar
- rehearsal and dance studio, equipped and licensed as a second performance space;
- office to house staff, artists, placements and volunteers;
- workshop for technical theatre training and production needs
- multi-media (music and video) suite with portable workstation
- Pegasus is proud to receive revenue funding from Arts Council England, Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council, philanthropic giving from charitable trusts and donations.