Long Lane, Bickerton, Nr Malpas,
Telephone: 01829 782 348
Venue Email: email@example.com
Contact: Nigel Briers
Bickerton Village Hall was built during the 1890s and formally opened in June 1899 by Mrs George Barbour of Bolesworth Castle. Its purpose was to be a place of recreation and education for the inhabitants of the villages of Bickerton, Broxton, Duckington, Larkton, Bulkeley, Egerton and Harthill. It was called the Bickerton Institute and served a purpose similar to that of the Mechanics Institutes in industrial areas. The name of the road opposite the village hall, Reading Room Lane, perfectly illustrates one of the primary functions of the Institute, catering as it did primarily for local farm labourers and railway workers.
Located on Long Lane, just off the A534 between Broxton and Bulkeley, the Village Hall is an integral part of the local community and plays host to many local activities and groups.
Recently renovated and superbly equipped the Village Hall makes an ideal venue for clubs and associations and private parties and has a range of rooms and facilities available to hire.
Bickertoin Village Hall works with Cheshire Rural Touring Arts to programme the venue.