Eclipse Theatre - Sustained Global recruitment
22 November 2016
Eclipse Theatre are offering an exciting opportunity for six Enablers to join our busy and growing team on a 3-year part time freelance contract.
Visible Black leadership across British Theatre is severely absent. To confront this challenge we are looking for future Black * Leaders and Senior Managers in the arts.
Enablers are independent Black arts professionals with at least 2 years of professional experience in any area of the arts, who demonstrate a clear commitment to supporting artists and developing new work, as well as the future of the Black theatre sector. They will also deliver their own projects as independent practitioners during their time as Enablers.
Location: North East, North West, Yorkshire.
Salary: £30,000 Pro Rata + £1500 p/yr expenses (approx. 2 days p/w)? over a 3-year period, freelance.
Closing date: 30 November 2016, 5pm
Interviews: 19 – 21 December
Start date: Late January / Early February 2017
These six forward thinking individuals will work with Eclipse to deliver the Sustained Global programme, a new international artist development programme based in the North of the UK .
- Have access to mentoring and professional development opportunities
- Be hosted by a member of the Sustained Global Consortia, who will provide office space, facilities and resources as well as access to their in-house specialist services.
- Have a ‘Go see’ budget to enable them to attend key networking events and showcases
- Have access to decision makers across commissioning panels and in venues
- Consult with local artists and work with them to bring about real change within the sector
Ultimately, we are looking for visible and influential leaders who care about Black culture, artists and making ambitious new work.
*Eclipse has chosen to use the definition ‘Black’ in the broadest socio political context.
Does this position sound like it's for you?
- For more information and job pack click here
- Please see the press release on the left of this page for more about Sustained.
How to Apply
Please send us a CV and Covering Letter responding to the Essential Attributes outlined in the job pack and identifying how you relate to the Desirable areas of commitment and submit via email along with confirmation you are available for the interview dates.
Please also include in your application brief details of where you heard about this position (eg. Guardian jobs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)